Nothing says happy holidays like a warm mug of mulled wine, twinkling lights, cozy socks and good company.
This simple winter favorite is inspired by Gimme Some Oven's Mulled Wine Recipe and will not only be a company favorite but will also envelope your home with a warm inviting aroma. Who needs holiday candles when you've got Mulled Wine?
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy (or orange liqueur)
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds (also peeled, if you would like a less-bitter drink)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1-2 Storied Goods Infused Sugar Cubes (depending on desired sweetness)
- optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise
- Combine ingredients. Add wine, brandy, orange slices, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, and 1-2 Storied Goods infused Sugar Cubes to a large saucepan. Stir briefly to combine.
- Simmer. Cook the mulled wine on medium-high heat until it just barely reaches a simmer. (Avoid letting it bubble — you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.) Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain. Using a fine mesh strainer, remove and discard the orange slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Give the mulled wine a taste, and stir in extra sweetener if needed.
- Serve. Serve warm in your favorite mug, topped with your favorite garnishes accompanied with good company and cozy stories.